Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I finished it...



It is all done - can you believe it. I started this late March and finished it last night. This is the 'There's No Place Like Home' Quilt from Daisies and Dragonflies. I just need to write on my label and sew it on and then it will get hung. Deirdre from The Quilted Crow has talked me into hanging my quilts. She says it makes that house look warm - she is absolutly right.

I would like to thank all you bloggers out there who encourged me along with this quilt. Helen for her technical support and Jo for her ongoing emotional support LOL.

12 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

It looks beautiful Sarah, you've done a wonderful job!

TMQG said...

looks great Sarah, well done on finishing your quilt no matter how challenging...Helen

Sandi said...

Your quilt is wonderful, Sarah, it will look nice when you hang it up. I have my Apple quilt hanging over the railing in our loft, and it is just perfect for that spot.

Kris said...

Finished! It's lovely! I agree. Hanging quilts is the best thing to do with them. They're art.

Soo said...

hooray, well done! the quilt looks great and it will look beautiful hanging up in the home!

julia said...

Hi Sarah,
your quilt turned out beautifully - well done ;o)
Cheers, Julia

Kate said...

Gorgeous Sarah, and you shuld hang your quilts for all to see. Whats the next project???

Kate :)

Stina Blomgren said...

Wohhooo...You made it...and it is fantastic!!!! I can see you making a happy dance...and Sarah...you need to hang that QUILT!!!! :o)

Unknown said...

Well done! It´s beautiful! I really like that quilt.

Christine said...

Congratulations Sarah, the quilt looks fantastic. What's your next big project going to be?

Cathy said...

Well Done!! Your quilt looks terrific!! Give your self a big pat on the back!! Cathy

Leanne said...

Well done on the finishing....it is such a great feeling.