Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Did you know...



We went to buy some more food from our fish lady - she has her own aquarium business run at home - we go there because she knows what she is talking about and each time I learn something new. She also saved our fish from a fungus - when you have children this is important.

I digress.

We learned something new today. Did you know that the (actually I hope this impresses you as much as it impresses me or maybe you will think me queer).

Okay I will tell you again... Did you know the size of a fishes stomach (wait for it) is the size of their eye!

I was shocked by this - when after studying Science so many cough cough years ago that most animals have stomachs in proportion to their bodies but my 8 inch goldfish stomach is the size of its eye.

So now you know... go impress someone with this new found information...

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh how I wish MY stomach was as big as one of my eyes ... heck I'd even settle for both eyes! :)
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!!! Hope to 'see' you again soon!

Beth said...

Oh wow... I can definitely see why overfeeding goldfish is such a problem now!

Kathy said...

That's amazing!
Ditto on Kellie's wish.

I can now add that to my profound knowledge (tongue in cheek) regarding the truth of frozen balls and brass monkeys!! :oD K