Thursday, October 9, 2008

Don't you hate it...



When things don't turn out as you expect?

I saw this at The Stitching Room and I had to do it. Leanne kindly directed me to where I can get the pattern and I purchased the wool (exactly the wool it says in the pattern). I knitted it up - following the instructions step by step. Then came the felting bit. The bit I was MOST excited about . The bit which I have been wanting to try for SO LONG. Well - it did not work. I felted and felted and boiled and stuck in washing machine and boiled again and it shrunk a tinny whinny bit. I was not happy. It was suggested I wash it again and stick in dryer - well the dryer is one of the sensor ones and would not dry this tiny thing for me. SO I decided I have to many other things in life to enjoy and felting I was not.

I finished it up to make it useful and I think it will be my bag camera case.

6 comments:

May Britt said...

Did you use 100% wool yarn??? Because you can't felt with all kind of yarn.

Kate said...

its still a very cute camera case :)

Kathy said...

Its very sweet Sarah!
What a bummer your dryer was too insensitive to see that you were in need of assistance :-)

My felting days are on hold at the moment. The switch in my dryer has just dies and I'm afraid its not on my priotity list - yet!

Kris said...

Hmm... How does that work? Heaps of people felt things everyday by accident. Why is it so hard to felt on purpose? We did a bunch of felting last year and the secret seemed to be having a big difference in temperature happening. Boiling water, then cold etc. (Sorry to lecture you. I just naturally assume you want to know all my secrets! Lol.)

Leanne said...

What a great camera bag you have made.

Unknown said...

It´s cute, I really mean it, but a little bit different... I felted my favorite sweater, it was very easy :)