Friday, October 3, 2008

5 minute Lemon Cale



Remember that 5 Minute Chocolate Mud Cake I blogged in August? Well Thank you to Kris from Life at Rosemary Hill she has come up with these great alternative flavours and here is the Lemon version - good. A confesion - I still prefer the orange chocolate mud (being a chocolate lover myself)

You will need...

4 Tablespoons Cake Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
3 Tablespoons of Oil
Grated Lemon Rind
1 Mug

Here is what you do...

Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well.

Crack an egg and add to your mug (I pre beated it with a fork). Be sure to mix it well to avoid pockets of flour.

Pour in lemon juice and oil then mix well.

Iif you desire add a splash of vanilla essence.

Pop your mug into a microwave and zap for 3 minutes on high (1000 Watt).

Run a knife around the mug, tip the warm cake out and sprinkle icing sugar on the top then eat eat and eat!

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

I was showing my dd (13yrs) the chocolate cake post, and then I said 'there's a lemon one too!'
her immediate response was:
"No, the chocolate one!"

lol - it would seem she too perfers chocolate cake!

Kris said...

That's my favourite! I love it! You are such a chocoholic! (I think your blog title is responsible for improved chocolate sales here in Adelaide. Every time I read "If only I had chocolate" I feel I have to run to the shop!)

Liesl said...

That looks lovely! We'll have to give that a go. Though it might be hard to top the chocolate one with my two little boys. They REALLY like that!