Sunday, November 30, 2008

And the tradition will continue



You know how you have those few friends in your life who just make you always feel good? I am lucky I have more than a few. I now have another new friend who has come into my life through blogging (she knows who she is). This person sent me a parcel of goodies. In that parcel was an Advent Calender. This year I was not organised enough to order our Advent Calender through UNICEF (But I did do my card shopping at Oxfam Unwrapped). I was only grumbling at myself during the day for not ordering our Advent Calender (reflecting now I could have gone to the local Catholic Bookshop) and this parcel arrives with one already in it. So the boys can continue with the excitement each morning of opening the window which counts down to Christmas. This year we are also trying a new calender which I finished making last December - will show that in a day or two.

This thoughtful person wrote me a note which says "To A Special Person". How good do you think that made me feel? I have that note on my board in the craft room now.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

How lovely is your advent calendar, It's true you meet so many nice people through blogging.
Kathryn

Isabella said...

Thats really special Sarah,
I'm eating choc right now LOL

Kris said...

Wow! She must be psychic too! Bloggers are the nicest people! We are all so lucky to be associated with one another.

Kris said...

Okay, hope you weren't looking at the time of that comment! I'm really in bed fast asleep!

sewkalico said...

That's really lovely and you deserve it too!

Sandi said...

What a lovely tradition to have an advent calendar each year.