Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pekinese Stitch Tutorial

I have had people ask about this stitch... So thought I would do a tutorial. I would like to acknowlage The Quilted Crow Ladies who taught me this stitch.

Start with a back stitch... bring the needle up from the bottom right of the first stitch place your needle into the top of the second stitch and pull through...


Insert the needle from the bottom of the first stitch and pull through making sure the thread from the first step is under the needle. Pull through gently


Repeat the first step. Bring the needle up to the next stitch (ie the third back stitch in this sample) and from the top of that stitch place your needle through...


and continue to repeat the pattern of the stitch...


Here is the sample finished. I finish the end with doing the stitch to the last stitch again and set it by taking the thread under and tying it down.


Here is the stitch for the box I made


Hope that was clear and easy.

7 comments:

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Wow that looks great. Might have to try it.

Sandi said...

Thanks for showing us, Sarah,I haven't seen that stitch before.

Stina Blomgren said...

Thankyou..:o) Never used this one...looks better than the chainstitch..:o)

Jacoline said...

Thanks for the great tutorial!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, the end result is really pretty! Thanks for sharing the how-to, I'll be linking.

Simone de Klerk said...

Ah ... thank you for showing is. This stitch looks very fancy!

handmaiden said...

thanks for sharing.......I love embroidery stitches