Thursday, June 26, 2008

What I am working on...



I have been waiting for the wind to settle down so I can take some nice outside shoots of the projects. On my first day 'off', it decides to not only be windy but pouring with rain, explaining the dark inside photo. I will walk you through it. The background is a quilt I have just (well more like 2 months ago) finished for my oldest son (9 y.o. Seby), We have a new bed for him which the quilt will be perfect on but we need to go buy it - the shop is closing down shortly so I hope to get a bargain - if it is not gone (ah oh!). I also want to add a message block on the back - so it sits on my 'to finish' pile. The stitched block to the right of the photo is the first completed of nine blocks. It is the 'There's No Place Like Home' from Daisies and Dragonflies. This, I have decided is going to be a long term project (i.e. by next winter). Can I do it? The alphabet quilt is something I did after receiving a collection of 2.5 " blocks at the The Quilted Crow gathering in April. I have stitched the letters outline and coloured the inside with water colour pencils and then set the watercolors with a special medium. Thanks go to Helen from Hugs 'n kisses who taught us this technique at the previous gathering. Jo says it makes the letters look like they are satin stitched. I still need to quilt and bind it. I am waiting on my local quilt shop to let me know when a pattern has arrived so I can go in and do my purchases at once (and I am sure add a few more goodies!). Behind all the quilting is my basket of projects all waiting to continue with or to begin. I must be patient.

Also amongst all of this is about eight layouts ready to be done. There is a mass of photos to be printed and scrapped let alone my personal scrap journal. I am a bit slow with my scrap-booking at the moment - I think because I have to decide and think. With stitching, the patterns are there and I just do it. I hope to partially rectify this problem when I go to Sydney next month to Kylie's Scrap Girl Retreats with Melo and meet up with my two close girl friends Tracy and Sherri.

Boys and I are making savoury muffins for afternoon tea - they are smelling - must be time to take out of the oven.

Keep warm!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Welcome to blogland, Sarah. Hope you find it as enjoyable as I have. Looking forward to seeing some more of your stitching sometime.
Christine

Stina Blomgren said...

Welcome to blogworld Sarah!!!
Hope you will have a great time!!
The quilts you are working on look absolutly wonderful!!
Good luck..