Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fizzy Bath Bombs



My son decided we needed to find a better fizzer bath bomb recipe. He googled it and found this recipe.

This is how it goes as described by my son...

Mum we need...

1 1/2 cups of Barcode Soda (Bicarb)
1/2 cup Cirus Acid (Citric)
2 teaspoons of Sweet Almond Oil - you got that mum!
Essential Oil (or fragrances) - Mum I want us to do Lemon - you have lemon?
Food colouring - no mum we wont use that stuff.

Sift Barcode Soda and Cirus acid together.

In a separate bowl put 1/2 cup of this mixture into it. Then add 1/2 teaspoon of Sweet Almond Oil and 7 drops of lemon oil.

Quickly mix and the pack tightly into a mould. IT appears VERY dry and you do wonder if it is going to work (trust me it does)

Repeat unti finished.

Let them set in moulds for 24 - 36 hrs. Then carefully remove them and wa la!

Then have fun with them - they don't last long but they sure do fizz lots - boys are happy - mum is happy.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I wouldn't think of making something like this - but you've motivated me!

Kris said...

barcode! So makes sense to me!

Stina Blomgren said...

Still amaze me of what you can make...never thought this could be done at home... amazing it is... ;o)