Saturday, September 15, 2012

Some progress at last

Ages ago I blogged about the Civil War Quilt blocks from here... Finally I got some daylight hours to get to this stage.  The blocks were meant to finish at 8 1/2 inch...  A few to many did not (not just me suffered this!). 

 It is a relief to get to this point - they have been hanging around to be done like a bad smell.  I need to decide how I'm going to quilt it.  Do you know how quilts from the Civil War times were quilted?  I am going to try to replicate this using my sewing machine (I know I know). 


4 comments:

Tanya Murray said...

Sigh* I still have not started on my quilt. I thought the FB support group was going to be good for me but I've still dodged it. I will just have to live vicariously through you

Anonymous said...

Have a peep over here http://sentimentalquilter.blogspot.com.au/
and see Civil War machine quilting.

Kat McNally said...

Hi Sarah, you are so brave. Be sure to break out the Green & Black's with butterscotch for this one!
Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
Kat xxx

Vickie said...

LOOOOOOve the sashing, you have done sooo well with this I am chuffed for you...mine is still hanging on the back of my sewing room door as I am stumped with the quilting and would rather wait till It's right in my head (gosh that could be another lifetime) beofre I attack it,cheers Vickie